Young Tourism Directory
Tours and Adventures
Showing 1 Categories
Do you like the Tourism Industry in Young?
Tourist Attractions in and Around the Town of Young in New South Wales, Australia
Young is a beautiful town located in the Hilltops region of New South Wales, Australia. With its rich history, welcoming community, and beautiful natural surroundings, it is a must-visit destination for tourists. Here are some of the top tourist attractions in and around the town of Young:
1. Cherry Picking: Young is known as the "Cherry Capital of Australia," and for good reason. Every year during November and December, visitors can pick their own cherries at a variety of local farms, or simply buy them fresh from the numerous roadside stalls around town. Cherry picking is a fun and delicious activity for the whole family!
2. Burrangong Creek Walking Track: This scenic walking track follows the Burrangong Creek through the heart of Young, offering stunning views of the town and countryside. The track is well-maintained and suitable for all ages and fitness levels.
3. The Young Museum: The Young Museum is home to a fascinating collection of artifacts and exhibits showcasing the rich history of the town and surrounding region. From Indigenous culture and settler history to local industries and famous residents, the museum offers a comprehensive look at the area's past.
4. Chinese Tribute Gardens: The Chinese Tribute Gardens are a beautiful and unique attraction, paying tribute to the contributions of Chinese immigrants to the area. The gardens feature traditional Chinese architecture, plants, and artwork, as well as a peaceful pond and plenty of benches for relaxation.
5. Bethungra Dam: Just a short drive from Young, Bethungra Dam is a picturesque spot for fishing, boating, and picnicking. The dam is stocked with rainbow trout and other fish, making it a popular destination for anglers.
6. Hilltops Wine Region: The Young area is home to several award-winning wineries, producing a variety of delicious wines from locally grown grapes. Visitors can enjoy tastings and tours at many of these vineyards, as well as scenic views of the surrounding countryside.
7. Chalkers Crossing Vineyard and Cellar Door: The Chalkers Crossing Vineyard and Cellar Door is a must-visit for wine lovers. This boutique winery produces a range of award-winning wines, with a particular focus on Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon. The cellar door offers tastings and sales, as well as a beautiful outdoor area for relaxing with a glass of wine.
8. Murringo Village: Located just a short drive from Young, the historic village of Murringo offers a glimpse into the area's past. Visitors can explore the old church, schoolhouse, and other buildings, as well as enjoy a picnic in the peaceful park.
9. Young Country Markets: Held on the first Saturday of every month, the Young Country Markets are a popular attraction for locals and tourists alike. The markets feature a variety of stalls selling local produce, crafts, and other goods, as well as live music and entertainment.
10. Young Bowling Club: The Young Bowling Club is a great spot for a fun night out. The club offers lawn bowls, pokies, live entertainment, and a restaurant serving delicious meals.
Young is a beautiful and welcoming town, with plenty to offer visitors of all ages and interests. From cherry picking and hiking to wine tasting and historical exploration, there is something for everyone to enjoy. So why not plan your trip to Young today? Contact the Hilltops Council for more information on any of these attractions, as well as other great things to see and do in the area.
Young Tourism Articles