Young Event Calendar
Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthEach year in Australia Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month is held in February to raise awareness of Ovarian Cancer
Thu Feb 1st 2024
Total Results = 1
You or your Marketing Manager can list a Community or Business Event here. If you would like to advertise your Young event simply Login
Events in and around Young
Seasonal Fun and Exciting Events in and Around the Town of Young, New South Wales, Australia
Young is a charming town located in the Hilltops region of New South Wales, Australia, around four hours’ drive from Sydney and six hours’ drive from Melbourne. Known as the Cherry Capital of Australia, Young is a flourishing agriculture hub with a rich history and culture. The town is also famous for its lively events that take place throughout the year. Here are some of the most exciting and fun events in and around Young.
As the heat of summer fades away, the Young region comes to life with exciting events to keep you entertained through Autumn. Here are some of the events that you should look forward to during Autumn:
1. The Lambing Flat Chinese Festival: The festival takes place in March every year to commemorate the Chinese contribution to the development of Young as a significant rural town. The festival features a street parade, live music, dragon dancers, cultural performances, and exhibitions.
2. The Young Agricultural Show: The Young Agricultural Show is a popular event that takes place in March each year. The show features livestock exhibits, horse events, cooking competitions, art, home produce competitions, and carnival rides.
3. The Young Cherry Festival: The Cherry Festival is a famous event that takes place in December, celebrating the cherry harvest, which happens from late November to mid-December. The festival features live music, markets, parades, cherry pie eating competitions, beauty pageants, and fireworks.
Winter in Young is a time when the town comes alive with beautiful scenery, and there is plenty of activities to keep you entertained. Here are some of the events that you should anticipate during the winter months:
1. The Young Society Horse Show: The Young Society Horse Show is an annual event that takes place in July each year. It features various equestrian competitions, including show jumping, dressage, English, and western pleasure. There are also food and beverage vendors to keep you refreshed.
2. The Cherry Blossom Long Lunch: The Cherry Blossom Long Lunch is an annual event that takes place in August each year. It features a beautiful outdoor long-table luncheon surrounded by cherry blossoms. The event is ideal for foodies and wine lovers who can indulge in regional produce and local wines.
Spring in Young is a time when the cherry blossoms are in full bloom, and there are plenty of outdoor events and activities to enjoy. Here are some of the events that you should anticipate during the spring:
1. The Murringo Village Fair: The Murringo Village Fair is an annual event that takes place in October. It features various art and craft exhibitions, food, and drink stalls, as well as kids' entertainment.
2. The Antique and Collectables Fair: The Antique and Collectables Fair is an annual event that takes place in November. It features various antique dealers from across the country, selling collectibles, rare books, jewelry, and other treasures.
Summer in Young is a time for outdoor activities, festivals, and events. Here are some of the events you should anticipate during the summer:
1. The Young Farmers Market: The Young Farmers Market is a weekly event that takes place on Saturdays. It features fresh produce from local farmers, artisanal cheese, homemade jams, bread, and pastries.
2. The Young Music Festival: The Young Music Festival is an annual event that takes place in December. It features music performances from various genres, including country, rock, blues, and jazz.
For more information about events in and around Young, you can contact the Hilltops Council on 1300 445 586. You can also visit their website at https://www.hilltops.nsw.gov.au/. Alternatively, you can contact the Young Visitor Information Centre on (02) 6382 3394 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can find them at 41 Lynch St, Young NSW 2594.