Young National Events
Important Australian or Globally Famous events that occur around Young New South Wales and you are invited.
Young, a town in New South Wales, Australia, is home to a number of interesting and exciting events. These nationally or globally recognised annual events are not only a testament to the town's rich cultural heritage but also reflect the vibrant and inclusive spirit of the local community. Here are some of the most popular events that people from all walks of life can enjoy in and around Young.
1. The National Cherry Festival - Held annually in December, the National Cherry Festival is a week-long event that celebrates the town's thriving cherry industry. Visitors can enjoy a range of exciting activities, from cherry-picking to cherry-themed cooking competitions, market stalls, live music, and fireworks. The festival attracts thousands of visitors who come from different parts of the country to join in the fun and festivities.
2. Lambing Flat Chinese Festival - The Lambing Flat Chinese Festival is an annual event that honours the town's Chinese history and heritage. The festival commemorates the contribution made by Chinese miners to the goldfields in the 1860s. Visitors can get a glimpse of Chinese culture, from dragon and lion dances to traditional Chinese food, music, and art. The festival is held every November and attracts people from all over Australia.
3. Young Agricultural Show - The Young Agricultural Show is a traditional country show that showcases the town's agricultural heritage. From cattle and sheep judging to horse and dog shows, the event offers a range of exciting and entertaining activities for the whole family. The show also features a range of local talent, including live music, cooking competitions, and craft displays. The Young Agricultural Show is held annually in September.
4. Boorowa Irish Woolfest - The Boorowa Irish Woolfest is an annual event that celebrates the town's Irish heritage and the local wool industry. Visitors can enjoy a range of activities, including shearing competitions, sheepdog trials, market stalls, and live music. The festival also features a range of Irish cultural activities, from dance and music to storytelling and traditional Irish food. The Boorowa Irish Woolfest is held annually in October.
5. Hilltops Wine Harvest Festival - The Hilltops Wine Harvest Festival is a celebration of the local wine industry, which produces some of Australia's best cool climate wines. Visitors can enjoy wine tastings, cellar door sales, food stalls, and live entertainment. The festival also features a range of family-friendly activities, including grape stomping, cooking demonstrations, and children's activities. The Hilltops Wine Harvest Festival is held annually in March.
Young, New South Wales, hosts a range of nationally and globally recognised annual events that offer something for everyone. Whether you are interested in agriculture, wine, or culture, there is an event that will appeal to your interests. The town's rich cultural heritage and strong community spirit are reflected in these events, which attract thousands of visitors every year. So why not plan your next holiday around one of these exciting events and experience the best of Young, NSW?