Young Local Services
Young ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Young site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Young Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Young When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Young Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Young Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Young ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Young and a Place to Meet
The young.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Young
Young, also known as the Cherry Capital of Australia, is a small town located in the south-west of the New South Wales state. Here are some interesting facts about the town:
1. Young was established in 1826 and was originally known as Lambing Flat.
2. Young is home to the biggest and most diverse collection of murals in regional Australia. The Mural Walk features 50 murals that depict the town's history and culture.
3. The town is famous for its cherry orchards and hosts the National Cherry Festival every year in December.
4. Young was the site of the infamous Lambing Flat Riots in 1860, which was a series of violent clashes between European and Chinese miners over gold mining areas.
5. The Lambing Flat Chinese Tribute Gardens is a symbol of reconciliation and celebrates the contributions of Chinese immigrants who came to Young during the gold rush.
6. Young has a thriving wine industry and is home to several vineyards and cellar doors. The region is known for producing Chardonnay, Shiraz, and Cabernet Sauvignon.
7. The town has a rich aviation history and is home to a collection of vintage aircraft at the Young Air Museum.
8. The Burrangong Creek Flood of 2010 was one of the worst natural disasters to hit the town, with several buildings and businesses being destroyed.
9. Young has a strong sporting culture and is home to the Young Yabbies Rugby Union Club, the Young Cherrypickers Rugby League Club and the Young Crows Australian Rules Football Club.
10. The town was once home to a famous bushranger, Frank Gardiner, who was one of the leaders of the infamous gold rush robbery known as the Escort Robbery.